-->

Life Style

SHAFIN HASKENEWS NA WHATSAPP

MEN TO BENEFIT FROM CASH GRANT FOR VULNERABLE GROUPS: A cash grant of N20,000.00 will be disbursed to poor women and men across the 36 States of the Federation and FCT Abuja

MEN TO BENEFIT FROM CASH GRANT FOR VULNERABLE GROUPS: A cash grant of N20,000.00 will be disbursed to poor women and men across the 36 States of the Federation and FCT Abuja

MEN TO BENEFIT FROM CASH GRANT FOR VULNERABLE GROUPS: A cash grant of N20,000.00 will be disbursed to poor women and men across the 36 States of the Federation and FCT Abuja

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Sadiya Umar Farouq has announced the inclusion of men in the Grant for Vulnerable Groups Programme. 

At a parley on Tuesday with Civil Society Organizations, Non-government organizations, other stakeholders and the media to herald the flag-off the next round of disbursement of N20,000 to beneficiaries, the Minister stated that out of the total number of beneficiaries, 30% of men will benefit from the cash grant to encourage social inclusion, while women are 70%. 15% of the total beneficiaries must be Persons With Disabilities.

“In line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s social inclusion, 70% of the total number of beneficiaries will be for women while the remaining 30% is for the men. In addition, about 15% of the total number of beneficiaries is specifically allocated to the segment of the population with special needs, including Persons with Disability (PWDs) and senior citizens in the Country,  forcibly displaced persons (internally displaced persons, returnees, etc), Widows and orphans. The Programme is targeted at poor rural and peri-urban women and men within the productive age of 18 and above”.

The minister noted that President Buhari’s Administration  has paid more attention to promoting the plight of the poor and vulnerable in the country.

“The prorgramme has impacted positively on the lives of the poor and vulnerable in Nigeria. I have personally witnessed the life-changing experiences of people who lived below the poverty line and those that are vulnerable to shocks.

“The Grant for Vulnerable Groups programme was introduced in 2020 to sustain the social inclusion agenda of President Buhari’s Administration. It is consistent with the national target of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in 10 years. It is designed to provide a one-off grant to some of the poorest and most vulnerable women in rural and peri-urban areas of the country. A cash grant of N20,000.00 will be disbursed to poor women and men across the 36 States of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory”.

Minister Umar Farouq thanked all stakeholders, CSOs, NGOs and the Media for the success of the programme in the previous round, urging them to support the ministry as the next round flags off on Thursday.

There were goodwill messages from the Honorable Federal Commissioner National Commission For Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons, Mrs Iman Sulaiman Ibrahim FSI, the Director General, National Senior Citizens Centre, Dr Emem Omokaro, the Executive Secretary National Commission for Persons With Disabilities Mr James Lalu, the National  Cordinator NSIP, Dr Umar Bindir, Programme Service Providers and CSOs who all attested to the Success made In lifting the vulnerable out of poverty through the one-off disbursement of the cash grant. 

The programme is expected to improve productive activities that would generate more income and improve their living standard of the poor and vulnerable.

NNEKA IKEM ANIBEZE 

SA MEDIA

27-07-2022

0 Response to "MEN TO BENEFIT FROM CASH GRANT FOR VULNERABLE GROUPS: A cash grant of N20,000.00 will be disbursed to poor women and men across the 36 States of the Federation and FCT Abuja"

Post a Comment